Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CurVe: Include curve.el in AUCTeX

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: CurVe: Include curve.el in AUCTeX
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 13:19:11 +0100

Reiner Steib <address@hidden> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 04 2008, Didier Verna wrote:
>
>> Reiner Steib <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> how about including curve.el in AUCTeX?
>>
>>   Sure! BTW, I don't know your exact policy about third-party classes or
>> styles, but if you want to include the el files from my other packages
>> (FiNK, FiXme and QCM), feel free to do so.
>
> As we want AUCTeX to become part of Emacs someday, we need a copyright
> assignment.  I see that you have an assignment on file for Emacs, but
> we need an additional assignment for AUCTeX.  When distributing the
> file with AUCTeX, we need to release it under "GPLv3 or later".  You
> can still release the file under LPPL.  (David, correct me if I'm
> wrong, please.)

Actually, the license information is not relevant to Didier: once he
assigns copyright to the FSF (they give a written guarantee that we'll
release only in certain free forms that will likely cover all future GPL
variants), the choice is no longer his.  He gets a grant back to use the
respective work to redistribute under whatever license terms he wants
(including non-free distribution).

Since Didier knows the process, he likely knows all that already.  I am
just recapitulating for the lurkers.  I'll send an assignment request
form in a separate mail.