Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Style system Was: Inconsistency in loading/saving .el

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Style system Was: Inconsistency in loading/saving .el files
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 09:44:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Ralf,

I had   a look at your patch : that exactly what I had in mind
; except that I would have implemented more tests to insure
backward compatibility.

Now this simple question: Is there a serious objection in using
eieio to reimplement the style system ? I personally greatly
appreciate developing such a system in a object oriented way but
if you estimate that eieio is not stable enough or to
complicated or whatever I know how to simulate object oriented
programming in raw lisp ! I have done it many times before
discovering eieio !

Regards

Pierre