Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Style system Was: Inconsistency in loading/saving .el

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Style system Was: Inconsistency in loading/saving .el files
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 12:04:45 +0200 (CEST)

Hi David and Ralf,

I did think that there will discussed so much about this topic
! But I think I'll keep my proposition : There'll be two
version of the code one with and one without eieio. As you said
David eieio is finally more a programming style : and I feel
myself more comfortable with it. But anyway I wrote before I
know eieio and even maybe before eieio does exist : Hence I
know how to do otherwise !

Anyway it will concern basic function in the style system and
exactly as Ralf let it observe the functions concerning data
structure manipulation.

Indeed that's not exactly de key point since the problem for
which I started to look at this code is the storing/retrieving
styles algorithms. I will make substantial efforts to
implemente the latter as modular and as clear as possible and
as independent from the data structure.

David I might try to give you a long explanation about why I
feel more comfortable with eieio than without but I think It
will be simpler for me to write both implementations
wiht/without and let you compare.

So now let's work !

Thanks for your remarks !

Regards