Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Can AUCTeX be a pseudo-WYSIWYG device?

From: Ryszard Kubiak
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Can AUCTeX be a pseudo-WYSIWYG device?
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 07:24:57 +0200

Ralf Angeli wrote:

-- TeX and view the results of typesetting,

If you are not going to edit anything, a simple shell script might be
better suited for this use case.  You don't need Emacs for that.

I am not sure I understand. You need Emacs to edit the document.
AUCTeX then helps to call external programs, such as TeX or kpdf.
My point is that the code of AUCTeX, as it is today, focuses
on certain ways of calling those external programs and that
it is not modular enough to allow for other ways.

Regards,
Rysiek