[AUCTeX-devel] AUCTex customization

From: Paolo
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] AUCTex customization
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:39:21 +0200

Hi all, AUCTex developers,
I write you because I would implement in AUCTex a function that is a bit beyond my knowledge and I hope you will help me.

I would change the AUCTex compile button's behaviour when a specific package is included in the source. The problem is that I use the axodraw package to make Feynman diagrams, but this package is (unfortunately) not compatible with pdftex, so I would have that in pdf-mode the button recognize if the axodraw package is included in the source and, if so, compile the tex differently to generate correctly a pdf (latex(dvi)->dvips->ps2pdf).
I tried to find out how to do so, but I got lost.

Is it possible? Could you help me and tell me how to do it?
And if it is not possible to recognize the package presence, how can I add a function to do this 3 step compilation?

Really thanks for any help.

Paul