Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: bghyphsi.tex encoding

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: bghyphsi.tex encoding
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 11:42:43 +0200

* David Kastrup (2008-06-27) writes:

> Georgi Boshnakov <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> 1.  A number of files contain lists of supported languages. Bulgarian
>> is in the babel list but not in the others. Is the support more
>> comprehensive for languages mentioned in the other lists?

I'm not sure what you mean here.  The only file in AUCTeX that has been
mentioning Bulgarian is style/babel.el and the string is only used for
completion support of the babel package options.  This does not provide
any special support for editing documents using bulgarian.sty.

>> 2. When I open a file, AucTeX recognises (among other amazing things)
>> the language but I was not able to find commands for explicit switch
>> from one language to another within a document. It is a good thing
>> that this aspect of language is orthogonal to others (e.g. coding
>> system).

There are no commands for switching languages.

>> If you wish me to help with Bulgarian support, what form of
>> contribution will be most useful to you? To get the things rolling a
>> bulgarian style (see attachment) may be created from danish.el with
>> straightforward changes.

It seems the attachment got lost along the way, so I prepared an AUCTeX
style file myself and checked it into CVS including changes to the
Makefile and the documentation.  You can check it out by getting
yourself a copy of AUCTeX from CVS.

Of course I was listening to Bulgarian music during the preparation.
"Slushai me.  Mneniyata zabravi.  Chui, za sinite skali si pripomni.
Nov pat vseki den napred nameri." *sing* (c: