Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Support for SyncTeX

From: Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Support for SyncTeX
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 19:11:41 +0200

On Jul 25, 2008, at 6:44 PM, Ralf Angeli wrote:

* Artemio Gonzalez Lopez (2008-07-25) writes:

C-c C-t C-s just activates Source Specials (as usual), but there seems to be no trace of synctex anywhere. Is there anything else I should do
to activate it?

What's the result of
M-: (TeX-source-correlate-determine-method) <RET>
?

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-function TeX-source-correlate- determine-method)
  (TeX-source-correlate-determine-method)
  eval((TeX-source-correlate-determine-method))
  eval-expression((TeX-source-correlate-determine-method) nil)
  call-interactively(eval-expression)

Also, are there any plans to support inverse search
with synctex in the near future? (I've tried it with TeXworks's built
in pdf viewer, and it works beautifully.)

Do you need to pass any special options to this viewer for inverse
search with SyncTeX to work?

I am afraid I don't know how the TeXWorks viewer works, although I think it's based on the Poppler library (I believe the source code is freely available at http://tug.org/texworks).

Cheers,

Artemio