[AUCTeX-devel] Re: AUCTeX tool-bar and icons

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: AUCTeX tool-bar and icons
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2008 15:19:23 +0200

* Ralf Angeli (2008-05-14) writes:

> * Reiner Steib (2008-05-14) writes:
>
>> BTW, I don't think that duplication tool tips, images, etc. is a good
>> idea.
>
> Me neither.

One could probably just get the respective definition from the global
tool bar with someting like

(defun toolbarx-emacs-tool-bar-item (entry)
  "Return item from global tool bar corresponding to symbol ENTRY."
  (assq entry (cdr (default-value 'tool-bar-map))))

(defun toolbarx-emacs-tool-bar-item-prop (entry prop)
  "Return property PROP of the global tool bar item corresponding to ENTRY."
  (plist-get (toolbarx-emacs-tool-bar-item entry) prop))

and

(toolbarx-emacs-tool-bar-item-prop 'open-file :help)

But the returned forms would have to be evaled at run-time after the
global tool bar was created.  (At compile time the tool bar is not
defined.)  So before the current code becomes even more contorted I'll
leave this alone for now.