[AUCTeX-devel] looking for student programmer

From: ivo welch
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] looking for student programmer
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 09:41:26 -0400

auctex does seem a bit too daunting for me to hack. so, I would like to hire someone for 3 hours to put together a hack that does the following (posted earlier):

I will use a preprocessor for latex, which does a couple of things, most
importantly:

  #    replaces % as the comment character
  \1,\2..    replaces #1, #2,.. as macro arguments
  \ns    replaces \#
  \nl    replaces \\
  \lcp    replaces \{
  \rcp    replaces \}
  \math{}    replaces $...$
  \be    replaces \[
   \ee    replaces \]
  $,%    become ordinary characters

and I also plan to extend the namespace of macros to include [0-9.:] by
mangling it into spelled out versions.  Maybe I want to allow ';' as a
terminating character that forces interpretation as '{\macro}'.  Now, I need
a hack that changes the syntax highlighting in auctex.  preferably, it would
go into my .emacs file, so that future updates to auctex do not need internal
tweaking.

So, if you know how this would be done, and I can afford your help, I would love to hire you to do this. please send me an email to ivo.welch at gmail.com .

Sincerely,

/iaw