[AUCTeX-devel] Re: adventures with --prefix, TeX-data-directory and styl

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: adventures with --prefix, TeX-data-directory and style files
Date: Sat, 06 Sep 2008 15:27:10 +0200

,----[ (info "(auctex)Advice for non-privileged users") ]
|    You'll have to add something like
| `/home/myself/share/emacs/site-lisp' to your `load-path' variable, if
| it isn't there already.
`----

This implies that the lisp files will be installed below prefix if the
directory exists and it is being added to `load-path'.  But the
configure script calls Emacs with -batch which implies -q.  So if the
directory is added in one's .emacs file to `load-path' the new value
will not be picked up.  Since changing site-start.el and the like will
not be an option for non-privileged users I am wondering how the above
is supposed to work.  Can somebody shed some light on this?

Perhaps we really have to suggest to specify both --prefix and
--with-lispdir?