[AUCTeX-devel] Re: Strange things with AUCTeX-CVS toolbar

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Strange things with AUCTeX-CVS toolbar
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 19:47:50 +0200

* Ralf Angeli (2008-09-07) writes:

> * David Kastrup (2008-09-07) writes:
>
>> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> What do people think about adding `TeX-PDF-mode' to `minor-mode-alist'
>>> which will make `desktop-save' recognize TeX PDF mode as a minor mode to
>>> be restored and remove the additions to `desktop-locals-to-save' we do
>>> at the end of tex.el?  I dunno why we deal with `desktop-locals-to-save'
>>> at all.
>>
>> My guess would be older versions of desktop.el.  One should probably
>> crosscheck with 22.1 and sort of recent XEmacs variants.
>
> Yeah, that would have been the next step.

AFAICS it works in Emacs 21.4 and XEmacs 21.4.21 as well.  I've checked
it in.

I'll take care of the other minor modes later because I don't know yet
what to do with respect to TeX Omega mode and TeX XeTeX mode.  Those are
mutually exclusive but one could activate both of them via an init file
entry (especially if we add a defcustom for TeX XeTeX mode).  And when
you load a LaTeX file both are active because the minor mode functions
are not executed.  So perhaps we should not implement those as minor
modes.  I'm digressing, I know, but this is what prevents me from
finishing the update of the manual.