Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex patch to support resolved labels

From: Tim Toolan
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] reftex patch to support resolved labels
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 08:50:42 -0500

Quoting "David Kastrup" <address@hidden>:

Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:

I have no idea about how preview-latex handles .aux files.  Perhaps
David can comment.

I am not sure.  We used to do \nofiles, but I seem to remember that
there were some conflicts with pst-pdf or similar, and we juggled
things.

Basically, if aux file information is written during preview-latex runs,
it is likely not useful.

The aux information should be useful when it generates a preview for the whole document or when preview-preserve-counters is used when generating previews for a region.

In the case of generating previews for regions, it can be combined with any current knowledge of labels to determine if the following previews will have incorrect resolved numbers.

-Tim