Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Completion for key=value pairs

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: Completion for key=value pairs
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 19:45:34 +0200

* Holger Sparr (2009-04-08) writes:

> Ralf Angeli wrote:
>>
>> This is a reason I'd like to use the new key=value completion mechanism.
>> However, I'm not familiar with the features the current prompting
>> mechanism in pstricks.el provides, since I could not try it.  Ideally
>> the key=value completion should at least be on par with it.
>
> I think the provided history mechanism is important since the set of
> used parameters will not change to much. It might be annoying to be
> promptep for the same values again and again.
>
> In case you do not use the history you will go through the completing
> mechanism.

There is a history for the full key=value arguments and we'd still keep
the separate histories defined in pstricks.el as long as they are used
for separate macro arguments (points, angles, arrows, etc.)  which is
the case for most uses, as far as I can see.

The key=value completion would mostly be used for what now is covered by
`LaTeX-pst-parameters'.  I've switched that to key=value completion in
my local copy of pstricks.el.  You can check it out with the attached
patch which obviously is still kinda rough.  It also contains some
comments we should address.

The patch applies to the latest version CVS where I made a few basic
changes not influencing the handling.  Mostly bug fixes and changes of
prompts to bring them in line with coding conventions.