Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Math prefix binding in LaTeX-math-keymap

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Math prefix binding in LaTeX-math-keymap
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:34:21 +0200

* Augusto Ritter Stoffel (2009-06-10) writes:

> In LaTeX-math-keymap initialization, LaTeX-math-abbrev-prefix is bound
> to self-insert-command, so that trying to bind say "` ` e" to
> \varepsilon via LaTeX-math-list causes an error.
>
> Therefore, I think that binding LaTeX-math-abbrev-prefix to
> self-insert-command should be done only after we are sure the user won't
> use it as a prefix.

This is probably a very rare use case, but your proposed change does not
seem to have negative effects, so I would not oppose applying it.

> I have written some code to do that, which seems to work. If you think
> this change is worthwhile, I will be glad to help, but I don't know
> exactly how to send it.
>
> Diff'ing latex.el version 11.85 and my version yields

Diffing against the CVS version would make things easier but in case of
such a small change it does not really matter.  However, it would be
nice if you could provide a ChangeLog entry.  Emacs can help you with
that: if you open latex.el in the source directory, move point to the
each changed function or variable and type `C-x 4 a'.  This will insert
a header for the ChangeLog entry and prefill the function or variable
name if it can determine it.  See also (info "(emacs)Change Log").