[AUCTeX-devel] Re: New viewer selection backend

From: Rasmus
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: New viewer selection backend
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 17:05:36 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Ralf,
For Some reason I cannot find the original thread on Gmane or in Gnus. Only
here:

Either way, I think the idea is really nice and it straight forward to configure
at the moment (with m-x customize-variable that is).

However, I think there might be an Evince bug.
When I have synctex enabled and run view in a file that is not the master file
it cannot will suggest a "wrong" view value:

  evince -p o t main.pdf

This will open two evince windows. One with main.pdf and one blank window with
some file it is not able to find.

If I turn off synctex it will work fine. With xpdf it also works fine with and
without synctex.

As I wrote in another post Evince does not support synctex out of the box. You
have to patch it yourself. I don't know if this might have something to do with
it.

If I use the synctex script referred to in my previous post it will work.

Cheers,
Rasmus