Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Windows install documentation patch

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Windows install documentation patch
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 13:24:53 +0100

* Ian Kelling (2009-11-15) writes:

> Clears up confusing windows documentation on png support.
>
> Inspired by the line in the documentation "complain to wherever you got your
> Emacs from", which along with the rest of the paragraph implies that this
> should not be a problem when getting it directly from the auctex website link
> to gnu emacs.

Well, at one point in time we actually provided an Emacs with PNG
support and AUCTeX pre-installed.

> Unfortunately this was not the case, the windows gnu emacs
> linked to on the auctex site does not have png support compiled in and caused
> me to waste hours of time.

You might have wanted to check its README file. (c;

> So my complaint comes with a patch. Also, the web
> interface to the auctex cvs crashes when I try to open the "doc" directory, so
> not sure if this is the cvs latest version, but it probably is.

The problem might be that we played too much with CVS logs in check-in
comments.  But I'm not certain about that.

Anyway, thanks for the patch.  I suppose you don't have a copyright
agreement for AUCTeX on file at the FSF, so I checked in a paraphrased
version.