[AUCTeX-devel] Correlate I/O and pdfsync

From: Dennis Walter
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Correlate I/O and pdfsync
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2010 11:52:09 +0200

Dear AUCTeX developers,

I have been desperately trying to get the very useful Correlate I/O feature to work with pdfsync. (I cannot use synctex, because our installation of TeX does not support it, and I have no way of upgrading it myself.) I know that "style/pdfsync.el" of the AUCTeX installation gets loaded, because LaTeX-pdfsync-output-page does exist. However, TeX-source-correlate-output-page-function remains undefined, which is what I do not understand, as its definition as LaTeX-pdfsync-output-page is added as a hook via TeX-add-style-hook. I do not understand the details of TeX's hook implementation, so I cannot tell when the hook gets executed, and when the file pdfsync.el gets loaded (which obviously needs to happen beforehand).

Can you tell me what the regular procedure for getting pdfsync to work is? Information on the web regarding this issue was scarce.

Btw, I understand that Correlate I/O needs to be active, etc. :) I assume that "%(outpage)" gets replaced by "1", because TeX-source-correlate-output-page-function is nil (line 452 in tex.el of AUCTex 11.86). At least, I can see that AUCTeX fires up a viewer with the "open specific page" option.

Many thanks for any hints and solutions,
  Dennis