Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bug in auctex highlighting

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] bug in auctex highlighting
Date: Mon, 24 May 2010 20:34:09 +0200

* Ralf Hemmecke (2010-05-22) writes:

> Well, yep, I've worked with mmm-mode and noweb markup, but there was
> still that problem with $ in code chunks makeing font-lock not
> highlighting properly. Now I want to get rid of that problem, because
> without good tools one cannot promote literate programming.

The $ is problematic because it is implemented with syntactic font
locking which makes it hard to specify exceptions for stuff like
verbatim regions.  At least I don't know a way to do that.  One could
probably switch to font locking with keywords for the dollar sign, but I
don't know how bad the performance hit would be for that.