[AUCTeX-devel] Auctex, synctex and Evince

From: José ALISTE
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Auctex, synctex and Evince
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 15:03:04 -0400

Hi,

I recently added support for synctex in Evince (which is in process of review by evince maintainer), and so I wonder how to integrate this work with Auctex. Evince will have it's own synctex parser and will add a DBUS method for forward search and a DBUS signal for backward search. Since I don't have experiences with auctex, I would like to know if anyone is interested in implementing support in auctex to use this DBUS interface (I believe that you support a patched version of evince), or provide some guidance in how to do this integration, or to provide coments about the DBUS API we are using.

Greetings,

José Aliste-Prieto