[AUCTeX-devel] Problem with AUCTeX installation under Emacs-23.1

From: Dr. Gerhard Eber
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Problem with AUCTeX installation under Emacs-23.1
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 10:53:53 +0200

I installed AUCTeX 11.86 under emacs-23.1. The configuration worked
straightforward but I cannot start latex (and other executables) from
emacs now. Execution of the same command in a cygwin bash shell works
perfectly. I tried all sorts of workarounds recommended in the web, but
none of them worked. This is the output of my latex command:
---

Running `LaTeX' on `bg' with ``latex  -interaction=nonstopmode "\input" bg.tex''
This is pdfeTeXk, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
 file:line:error style messages enabled.
 %&-line parsing enabled.
entering extended mode
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman,
bahasa, basque, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, danish, dutch, esperanto,
estonian, finnish, greek, icelandic, irish, italian, latin, magyar, norsk,
polish, portuges, romanian, russian, serbian, slovak, slovene, spanish,
swedish, turkish, ukrainian, nohyphenation, loaded.
! I can't find file `bg.tex'.
<*> \input bg.tex

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> \input bg.tex

No pages of output.
Transcript written on texput.log.

LaTeX exited abnormally with code 1 at Tue Aug 10 10:50:34

---
If I use a Makefile to start the compilation, this also works.

Did anyone encounter a similar problem and find a solution?
--
Best regards

Gerhard Eber
Dr. Gerhard Eber                Phone +49-721-5161450
Software Department             FAX   +49-721-5161480
                                Email: address@hidden

Bruker BioSpin GmbH: Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office:
Rheinstetten, HRB Mannheim 102368
Geschäftsführer/Managing Directors: Joerg Laukien, Dr. Bernd
Gewiese, Dr. Dieter Schmalbein, Dr. Gerhard Roth

Diese E-Mail und alle Anlagen können Betriebs- oder
Geschäftsgeheimnisse, oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen
enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben,
ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung
oder Weitergabe der E-Mail und aller Anlagen ausdrücklich
untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie den Absender und löschen/
vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail und alle Anlagen.
Vielen Dank.

This message and any attachments may contain trade secrets or
privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby
notified that any review, copying or distribution of it and its
attachments is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender
immediately and delete/destroy the original message and any
copies.
Thank you.