Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [Reftex] 2 patches to let users customize reftex-view

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] [Reftex] 2 patches to let users customize reftex-view-crossref for citations
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 16:20:26 +0100

* Damien Cassou (2010-12-03) writes:

> [mail already sent to the user mailing list]

It's better to send patches to the development list.

Anyway, sorry for the late reply.  I wanted to take the time to look
thoroughly into the patch and what it is supposed to achieve.

> I wrote two very simple patches to let users customize
> reftex-view-crossref for citations. They replace the hard-coded regexp
> string "\\`\\\\cite\\|cite\\*?\\'\\|bibentry" by a new customizable
> variable reftex-view-crossref-cite-macros.

If this is done for citation macros, one could ask why it is not done
for the other options covered in `reftex-view-crossref'.

> This patch is useful for me because I use macros such as \cauthor{XXX}
> and \ccauthor{XXX} to display the names of the authors along with the
> reference number.

Does RefTeX know about these macros?  That means, have you added them to
`reftex-cite-format' or the like?  Because if RefTeX already knows the
macros, perhaps we could use this information to create the regexp above
without having to introduce a new variable.