[AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS

From: Rasmus
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Re: [AUCTeX] Inverse Search with Evince & DBUS
Date: Mon, 04 Apr 2011 04:20:39 +0200

> Forward sync with evince still isn't as good as it could be. See for
> instance http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1716268, which offers
> synchronisation up to the line number, with a nice red box around the
> current line. But it seems too specific to be included in auctex. Shame
> there isn't a more general interface to communicate between editors and
> viewers.

It is rather trivial to make Emacs call the "Ubuntu"-scripts.

Using somewhat modefied scripts I am able to have forward and backward
search with Evince+Emacs. Very nice!

BTW: I use the latest release (not CVS). From the other posts it seems
mostly redundant to use external synctex scripts with CVS, no? (Except
for the indeed very nice red box)

Cheers,
Rasmus

--