Re: [AUCTeX-devel] \addcontents inaccuracy

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] \addcontents inaccuracy
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 16:19:39 +0200

* Mads Jensen (2011-04-04) writes:

> When using C-c RET addcontentsline
>
> AUCTeX asks for a normal filename for the file, however, the
> file-argument should be one of these three (extension of the file; see
> manual):
> lof, lot, toc
>
> The same thing applies to \addtocontents. I'm aware that some packages
> write their entry files to support \listofsomething{}. Would it be an
> idea to look at the list of files in the current directory and find
> files with extensions of something like "lo[a-z]*", and use those along
> with the above three?

I wonder why we prompt for a file name anyway.  With a bare test file
that only loads the article class I could not add anything to the table
of contents by supplying a file name.  Does anybody know under which
circumstances this is supposed to work?  Perhaps if certain packages are
loaded?

For the moment, my suggestion would be not to prompt for a file but to
offer the extensions mentioned above for completion.