[AUCTeX-devel] Control the location of the preview files

From: Antoine Levitt
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Control the location of the preview files
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 01:08:52 +0200

Hi,

One thing I don't like about preview.el is the way it clutters the
source directory (it's already a mess with all those tex temp
files). Could there be a customizable folder where all these files would
be put, the way backups (for instance) do via backup-directory-alist?
I'd like to put them into ~/.emacs.d/auctex-preview/ or something and
just forget about them.

The prv_filename files look trivial to move by just redefining
preview-dump-file-name, but the _region_ bit looks more involved, so I'm
reluctant to do it myself. Could someone take a look?