Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Texinfo: mark environment and mark section/node

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Texinfo: mark environment and mark section/node
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 21:33:42 +0200

* Vincent Belaïche (2011-05-30) writes:

> This email contains a novel patch where node & sections are marked by
> different functions.

Thanks.

> I will provide a corresponding patch to documentation after this one is
> accepted.

I've briefly looked at the patch and right at the top there is a
problem:

> *** tex-info.el.~5.161~       Mon May 30 19:40:47 2011
> --- tex-info.el       Mon May 30 19:46:31 2011
> ***************
> *** 52,57 ****
> --- 52,74 ----
>       ("verbatim") ("vtable"))
>     "Alist of Texinfo environments.")
>
> + (defconst Texinfo-structuring-command-levels-alist

In <URL:http://mid.gmane.org/80pqzkjh2y.fsf%40gmail.com> we've concluded
that there is no need for a constant which holds the command levels.

And in fact the last patch from our discussion in 2010 did not include
this constant.  It can be found here:
<URL:http://mid.gmane.org/80r5ishgcl.fsf%40gmail.com>  I think it only
missed the separation of the functions for marking nodes and sections.
Perhaps you want to use that as a basis for the final changes?