Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Texinfo: mark environment and mark section/node

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Texinfo: mark environment and mark section/node
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:03:45 +0200

* Vincent Belaïche (2011-06-20) writes:

> Thank you for pointing that out. Here are the updated changelog and patch.
>
> I have re-tested only the mark section as I've not changed any else
> since my last message.
>
> Hopefully, we finally converge!

Yup!  And I've finally checked in the patch.  Phew. (c:

Regarding the question about where to put documentation, I also failed
to find a good place for it.  Perhaps we need a new "Navigation"
subsection below "Editing"?

In the LaTeX menu the functions for marking and jumping to the start or
end of an environment are below "Formatting and Marking", together with
the functions for filling.  But in the manual we have "Commenting",
"Indenting" and "Filling" which can all be related to a marked region.
So perhaps a separate section is in order.

And in that section one could describe both the functions for LaTeX and
Texinfo mode.