Re: [AUCTeX-devel] beamer & preview

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] beamer & preview
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2011 22:43:51 +0200

* Andrea Crotti (2011-07-03) writes:

> I'm using auctex and preview with beamer, and I noticed that images are
> shown many times in case there are overlays.

Hm, I can't even generate a preview of, say, a frame.  Well, a preview
is generated, but it's empty.  I suspect this is because beamer loads
hyperref.  And preview and hyperref are incompatible.  (At least I
suspect this is the problem.)

> Then since I'm here another question, isn't it possible to compile with
> one key only?
> I mean C-c C-v runs the viewer without further questions, but to compile
> I always have to do at least C-c C-c RET

At the moment the query is hard-coded.  You could probably define a
keyboard macro to do the work for you.

> And last thing, isn't there any plan to switch the repository to
> something more modern (at least subversion)?

At least I don't plan to do something like this.  And AFAICS, especially
subversion would not offer anything worthwhile over CVS in the context
of AUCTeX development.

> I think just for that the project would gain many more developers, and
> maybe it would open more possibilities...

I hope that people contribute to a project because they are interested
in the software or the matter, or because they need a certain feature,
not because the project uses a specific VCS.