Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Feature request: LaTeX-environment behavior with acti

From: Erik Parmann
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Feature request: LaTeX-environment behavior with active region
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 00:57:47 +0200

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:39 PM, Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> wrote:
> * Erik Parmann (2011-07-24) writes:

>>> Sorry, but I don't understand the request.  What exactly should happen
>>> if you type `C-c C-e' when the region is active?
>>>
>> It should invoke the function LaTeX-environment, prompting you to
>> choose a environment. It should then put the start tag of that
>> environment (e.g \begin{theorem}) at the start of your marked area,
>> and the end tag at the end of the marked area.
>
> In my case it does exactly that.
>
> Which versions of AUCTeX and Emacs are you using?  Are you sure that
> `C-c C-e' actually calls the original `LaTeX-environment' function
> coming with AUCTeX?  `C-h k C-c C-e' might help you to determine that.
>
> --
> Ralf

Thanks, I now found the cause, cua-mode. Running "LaTeX-environment"
through M-x does as I want, but using the shortcut does not. But
de-activating cua-mode makes it work as expected. So I am probably to
slow when doing C-c C-e, so cua-mode captures the C-c as copy-region.
For future reference; changing the variable
"cua-prefix-override-inhibit-delay" makes cua wait longer before it
caputres the C-c.

-Erik