Re: [AUCTeX-devel] preview does not work with subfiles.

From: Vladimir Lomov
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] preview does not work with subfiles.
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 22:08:29 +0900

Hello,

** Uwe Brauer [2011-10-14 13:35:26 +0200]:

> Hello

> Subfiles is  a Latex package which extends the usual input
> include
> mechanism.
> see
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Multiple_files

> However unfortunately when I run preview-document on one of
> the subfiles I obtain the following message:

> Preview-LaTeX finished with nothing to show at Fri Oct 14 13:34:13
> LaTeX: LaTeX found no preview images

> I attach a minimal example.

> Uwe Brauer

> \documentclass[12pt]{article}
> \usepackage{subfiles}
> \begin{document}

> \subfile{sec1.tex}

> \end{document}

> \documentclass[main.tex]{subfiles}

> \begin{document}
> this is a test
> \begin{equation}
> \label{eq:sec1:1}
> \int dx =0
> \end{equation}
> \end{document}

IMHO, this package is simply not supported by preview-latex. Note,
that this package also is not in TeX Live.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
A pretty foot is one of the greatest gifts of nature... please send me your
last pair of shoes, already worn out in dancing... so I can have something