Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Finally bringing AUCTeX into Gnu Emacs

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Finally bringing AUCTeX into Gnu Emacs
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 11:00:48 +0000

Hi, Uwe.

On Tue, Feb 07, 2012 at 11:50:13AM +0100, Uwe Brauer wrote:
> >> On Tue, 07 Feb 2012 00:10:44 +0100, Jürgen Fenn <address@hidden> wrote:

>    > I would like to draw your attention to this discussion on emacs-devel
>    > on whether AUCTeX could finally be included in GNU Emacs. I would
>    > appreciate if you please could take part in the discussion.

>    > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-01/msg00847.html
>    > http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2012-02/msg00004.html

> Thanks for your email.

> As the pkg manager of Auctex for Xemacs
> let me ask: would that imply/mean/  that Xemacs would not be
> supported in the future?

There's no reason for this.  CC Mode is a separate project (hosted at
SourceForge) from Emacs, yet is part of both Emacs and XEmacs.  "Being
part of" for me means maintaining a stand-alone version, and pushing
patches to both savannah and bitbucket.  There are variants on this way
of working.

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).