Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TikZ support

From: Ben
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] TikZ support
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 22:29:48 +0000 (UTC)

FlorĂȘncio Neves <florencioneves <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have written a sketch of style file for the TikZ drawing package. If
> you find the functionality relevant and the code of acceptable
> quality, I will be happy to contribute it.
>
> There are two things I don't know how to do: one is to implement a
> parser for TikZ's "subpackage" system, the other is how to make the
> current key-val functionality of AUCTeX work better with pgfkeys,
> which allows blank spaces in keys and values.
>
> Best regards,
> FlorĂȘncio Neves.
>
> Attachment (tikz.el): text/x-emacs-lisp, 7812 bytes

I've also worked some on support for TikZ in AUCTeX, but I think I've taken it
in a different direction than you have.  My code is available githib; there's a
screenshot, a link, and discussion of the code at
http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/30252/5277.  I was focused only on getting
precise syntax highlighting, rather than fitting in smoothly with AUCTeX's
font-lock mechanism, since TikZ's syntax doesn't seem amenable to the
regex-based approach that font-lock uses.  I haven't had a chance to update the
code in a while, to finish the parsing of TikZ forms, but the combinators I used
are complete enough to get the rest working relatively easily.

Regards,
Ben Lerner