[AUCTeX-devel] failure to properly insert citation for bibtex entries fo

From: Thomas Caswell
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] failure to properly insert citation for bibtex entries formatted with outer ()
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2012 23:25:31 -0500

Hello,

This was discovered from a question on the tex stackexchange site

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/47443/enable-parentheses-bib-entry-with-reftex

To summarize the problem: if a bibtex file is formatted using ()
instead of {} for the outer most deliminator searching for citations
does not work.  The regular expressions correctly search for both {
and (, however in the syntax table the reftex.el defines () as
punctuation which makes the up-list call in reftex-extract-bib-entries
fail and the entry get skipped.

I have attached a patch that changes () back to deliminators in the
syntax table, however I am concerned that this will break something
else as I assume there was some reason they were made to be
punctuation to begin with.

Thomas Caswell