[AUCTeX-devel] [Mac OS X] Advice on `TeX-view-program-list-builtin'

From: Moritz Ulrich
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] [Mac OS X] Advice on `TeX-view-program-list-builtin'
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:22:25 +0200

Hello,

I just stumbled over the following comment in tex.el:

;; XXX: We need the advice of a Mac OS X user to configure this
;; correctly and test it.
;;    ((eq system-type 'darwin)
;;     '(("Preview.app" "open -a Preview.app %o")
;;       ("Skim" "open -a Skim.app %o")
;;       ("displayline" "displayline %n %o %b")
;;       ("open" "open %o")))

They seem to generally work on my machine, with the exception of
displayinline as I don't have it installed.

I'd suggest wrapping the %o in quotation marks as there might be
problems with spaces in file names.

Umlauts (äöü) don't seem to work, they appear as \ü etc. in the file
name and open can't find them. That seems like a fixable bug, but I'm
not sure if this is an issue of Emacs or Auctex.

If there's a default, 'open' should be it. It uses whatever the user set
as the default application for opening the specific file type. It
returns an error code when there's no application available which can
open it.

Please CC me in answers - I'm not subscribed to the mailing list.

Cheers
Moritz Ulrich

--
Moritz Ulrich