Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How about a new release?

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] How about a new release?
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 17:25:44 +0100

* Tassilo Horn (2012-11-10) writes:

> Ralf Angeli <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> As I've mentioned before, I can do the release as well.  But I haven't
>> had time to thoroughly look at the Biber patch which I wanted to do
>> before we make a release.  Has somebody else inspected it?
>
> No, I don't use Biber (yet).  But at least it doesn't seem to break
> existing functionality.
>
> In my opinion, the current 11.86 release has so many known issues like
> preview not working with recent emacsen that it has no value in holding
> back a new release, but simply release more often when bugs get reported
> and fixed.

I'll try to look at the problem with the defcustoms this weekend.
Perhaps I also have time to look at other parts of the patch.  For
example, if `LaTeX-always-use-biber' makes sense or if we should enable
something automatically in a biblatex style file.  Also, if we need some
more documentation for this stuff.