Re: [AUCTeX-devel] imakeidx.el and a patch for latex.el

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] imakeidx.el and a patch for latex.el
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 18:08:52 +0100 (CET)

Hi Tassilo,

>Just a bit more nitpicking:
>
>> ;; `firstpagestyle' and `headers' options for `indexsetup' macro are
>> ;; available only if `fancyhdr' is not loaded.  The following code
>> ;; works only if `imakeidx' is loaded before `fancyhdr'
>> (unless (member "fancyhdr" TeX-active-styles)
>>   ;; `firstpagestyle' key takes as value one of the available
>>   ;; pagestyles.  `LaTeX-pagestyle-list' is a list of lists of
>>   ;; strings, we need a list of strings
>>   (setq LaTeX-imakeidx-firstpagestyle-values
>>         (mapcar #'car LaTeX-pagestyle-list))
>
>You shouldn't create new global variables just with setq.  If
>`LaTeX-imakeidx-firstpagestyle-values' is supposed to be a global
>variable, defvar it.  (I don't see why it needs to be a global
>variable.)

I believe that `LaTeX-imakeidx-firstpagestyle-values' should be buffer local,
like `LaTeX-pagestyle-list'.  Should I use
(make-variable-buffer-local 'LaTeX-imakeidx-firstpagestyle-values)
and then `setq' or what?

>>   (setq LaTeX-imakeidx-indexsetup-options
>>       (append LaTeX-imakeidx-indexsetup-options
>>               '(("firstpagestyle" LaTeX-imakeidx-firstpagestyle-values))
>>               '(("headers")))))
>
>You change the global value of LaTeX-imakeidx-indexsetup-options here.
>I think, LaTeX-imakeidx-indexsetup-options should be buffer-local, I
>mean, I can work with one document using imakeidx and fancyhdr, and one
>with imakeidx but without fancyhdr, right?
Yes, it's correct.  So, what should I do?  Just make also `LaTeX-imakeidx-
indexsetup-options' buffer-local?

Thanks for your patience,
bye,
Mosè Giordano