[AUCTeX-devel] Add `unit' type for the parser in siunitx.el

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: [AUCTeX-devel] Add `unit' type for the parser in siunitx.el
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 02:25:46 +0100

Hi all,

I'm sending a patch for `siunitx.el' showing an example of using type
in style files.  It need the previous patches for `latex.el' and
`tex.el' I sent to the list.  Now a `unit' type is reserved for all
unit (and prefix, power, qualifier) macros used in siunitx package.
I'm able to have completion for units directly in minibuffer (there is
just one limitation: space is used as completion separator, but I
think it's acceptable) and unit macros don't flood `TeX-symbol-list'.

I tested `LaTeX-siunitx-regexp' on `siunitx.sty' file with `M-x
regexp-builder' and it is able to catch all units/prefixes/powers
defined there.  `TeX-arg-siunitx-unit' function is a bit complicated,
but unit argument to siunitx commands can contain spaces.  I also
check the value of some options given to siunitx package at load time
to decide whether or not to use some unit macros.

Here is ChangeLog entry:

2013-02-09  Mosè Giordano  <address@hidden>

        * siunitx.el ("siunitx-unit"): New type for the parser.
        (LaTeX-siunitx-regexp): New variable.
        (LaTeX-auto-siunitx-unit): New variable.
        (LaTeX-siunitx-prepare): New function.
        (LaTeX-siunitx-cleanup): New function.
        (TeX-auto-prepare-hook): Add `LaTeX-siunitx-prepare' function.
        (TeX-auto-cleanup-hook): Add `LaTeX-siunitx-cleanup' function.
        (TeX-arg-siunitx-unit): New function.
        (TeX-arg-define-siunitx-unit): New function.
        ("siunitx"): Add `LaTeX-siunitx-regexp' to list of regexps used for
        parsing.
        ("siunitx"): Use `TeX-arg-siunitx-unit' and
        `TeX-arg-define-siunitx-unit' functions.
        ("siunitx"): Use `LaTeX-add-siunitx-units' for adding siunitx unit
        macros to the list of known units.

Bye,
Mosè Giordano