Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Hyperref and nameref

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Hyperref and nameref
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:13:59 +0100

Mads Jensen <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mads,

>>> The hyperref package also contains the `nameref' macro which can be
>>> used to get names of the referenced section (or chapter, part).
>>
>> Doesn't hyperref just include the nameref package which you can also
>> get and use separately?  In that case, there should be a nameref.el,
>> and hyperref.el just runs its style hook.
>
> Yes, I just had a look at the source code.  Please accept the patch
> for this :-)

Committed with slightly modified ChangeLog entry.  BTW, when you provide
a new style, please also activate it in Makefile.in (STYLESRC).

> Please also accept the trivial patch for auctex.texi

Fine as well and committed.

> I sent a patch to auctex.texi to document `TeX-complete-list',
> `LaTeX-item-list' and `LaTeX-after-insert-env-hooks' about a month
> ago.  Shouldn't this be mentioned in the manual?

Oh, I must have overlooked it.  Could you please tell me the message id
of the mail?

> I haven't configured this, but since AUCTeX now supports dbus, I think
> it would be nice to document how to get this configured.

There's nothing a user has to do (at least with respect to AUCTeX).  If
she configures Evince as Viewer and there's a dbus session bus and emacs
has dbus support, AUCTeX simply uses that to do forward/backward search.