Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Mirror of AUCTeX CVS repository for a recent version

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Mirror of AUCTeX CVS repository for a recent version control system
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:58:29 +0100

Dirk Ullrich <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Dirk,

>> If you want, I can send you the conversion scripts.  Maybe you can add
>> the incremental updates on top.  Since the emacs elpa branch is
>> switching to Git, I think we should use that, too.
> I'm very interested in these scripts. Regarding the incremental
> updates I could try my hand.

The script (convert-to-git.sh) and the config file
(cvs2git-example.options) is attached.  It uses the CVS2SVN tool (which
does conversion to other VCS, too).

The directory layout should be:

  auctex-conv/ ;; the name is not important
  |- auctex/   ;; raw CVS repository you can get via rsync from savannah
  |- convert-to-git.sh
  `- cvs2git-example.options

Then you can just run ./convert-to-git.sh, and it'll create a
cvs2svn-tmp/ dir with temporary data, and the final auctex.git/ git
repository.

Let me know if you have any issues.