Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Feature request for docTeX mode: extend \changes and

From: Markus Kohm
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Feature request for docTeX mode: extend \changes and \begin{macro}...\end{macro}
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 13:16:54 +0100

> Sounds reasonable, though the format should likely be 2013/02/28 instead
> of whatever local date, right?

Yes (and the AUCTeX's help for the second parameter of \changes already shows
this format).

> I quite disagree here since such comments tend to become out of sync
> with reality when changing materials.

But, if AUCTeX adds the information (using either C-e or C-c ]), this would
also help to hold it in sync, because every close of the macro environment
will add the correct comment.

> Instead, AUCTeX should calculate
> and display (in an unobtrusive manner/place) the respective information
> on the fly and not place it in the buffer.

Would be a very nice solution, but only if the information will be shown for
all \end{macro} (end \end{environment}) in the currently displayed code of all
windows. Displaying, e.g., only the information of the line with the cursor
wouldn't help a lot.

Markus Kohm