Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Management of package options [Was: Re: Add `unit' ty

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Management of package options [Was: Re: Add `unit' type for the parser in siunitx.el]
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:26:02 +0100

Hi all,

I'm sending patches implementing  what Tassilo suggested.  In
`LaTeX-arg-usepackage' I replaced `match-string' with
`buffer-substring-no-properties' because I need to remove properties,
`match-string-no-properties' requires Emacs 21.3 and I don't know
whether XEmacs has it.  Instead, according to git blame,
`buffer-substring-no-properties' has been in Emacs since 1995.

In `LaTeX-auto-cleanup', I haven't changed this
      (add-to-list 'TeX-auto-file
               (concat
            (cond ((string-equal "article" style)
                   "art")
                  ((string-equal "book" style)
                   "bk")
                  ((string-equal "report" style)
                   "rep")
                  ((string-equal "jarticle" style)
                   "jart")
                  ((string-equal "jbook" style)
                   "jbk")
                  ((string-equal "jreport" style)
                   "jrep")
                  ((string-equal "j-article" style)
                   "j-art")
                  ((string-equal "j-book" style)
                   "j-bk")
                  ((string-equal "j-report" style )
                   "j-rep")
                  (t style))
            (cond ((member "11pt" options)
                   "11")
                  ((member "12pt" options)
                   "12")
                  (t
because I've never understood what's its purpose.

If these patches are fine, I will send also patches for style files
checking package options (they should be only babel, biblatex,
hyperref, siunitx) and the full ChangeLog entry.

Bye,
Mosè Giordano