Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Management of package options [Was: Re: Add `unit' ty

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Management of package options [Was: Re: Add `unit' type for the parser in siunitx.el]
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 09:14:12 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Mosè,

> I'm sending patches implementing what Tassilo suggested.  In
> `LaTeX-arg-usepackage' I replaced `match-string' with
> `buffer-substring-no-properties' because I need to remove properties,
> `match-string-no-properties' requires Emacs 21.3 and I don't know
> whether XEmacs has it.

It does.

> In `LaTeX-auto-cleanup', I haven't changed this
>       (add-to-list 'TeX-auto-file
>                (concat
>             (cond ((string-equal "article" style)
>                    "art")
>                   ((string-equal "book" style)
>                    "bk")
>                   ((string-equal "report" style)
>                    "rep")
>                   ((string-equal "jarticle" style)
>                    "jart")
>                   ((string-equal "jbook" style)
>                    "jbk")
>                   ((string-equal "jreport" style)
>                    "jrep")
>                   ((string-equal "j-article" style)
>                    "j-art")
>                   ((string-equal "j-book" style)
>                    "j-bk")
>                   ((string-equal "j-report" style )
>                    "j-rep")
>                   (t style))
>             (cond ((member "11pt" options)
>                    "11")
>                   ((member "12pt" options)
>                    "12")
>                   (t
>                    "10"))) t)
> because I've never understood what's its purpose.

It seems that there are style files like art11.sty and class option
files like bk11.clo.  My TeX distribution only has bk{10,11,12}.clo, but
none of the art<size>, rep<size> or j-* files.  But when you google for
them, you'll find them.

> If these patches are fine, I will send also patches for style files
> checking package options (they should be only babel, biblatex,
> hyperref, siunitx) and the full ChangeLog entry.

Yes, the changes look good to me.  Then I'll wait for a complete patch
with ChangeLog before committing.