Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fwd: Bug in font-latex.el

From: Ralf Angeli
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Fwd: Bug in font-latex.el
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 12:31:54 +0200

* Mosè Giordano (2013-05-12) writes:

> you're right, `jit-lock-force-redisplay' has been recently changed,
> see http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/revision/112357  Maybe
> there is a good reason behind the change of arguments number, but I
> simply don't know it.  I can see two solutions:

If this is done probably depends on how much the function is seen as
being for internal use only.  Its use in AUCTeX is probably already a
bit hackish but so is lots of compatibility code.

> - implement `font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay' in AUCTeX without
> relying on possibly existing `jit-lock-force-redisplay'.
> As a temporary fix, I'm going to change
> `font-latex-jit-lock-force-redisplay' following the second solution.

Not sure what you have in mind, but we could also use something like the
following.  Not that it is particulary nice.

      (condition-case nil
          (jit-lock-force-redisplay buf start end)
        (error
         (jit-lock-force-redisplay (copy-marker start) (copy-marker end))))