Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Wrap dollars around active region

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Wrap dollars around active region
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 00:22:30 +0200

Hi all,

I've changed my mind.  The attached patch changes the type of
`TeX-electric-dollar': from boolean to cons cell.  The car is the
string to insert before the active region and the cdr is the string to
insert after the region.   Built-in values are '("$" . "$") and
'("\\(" . "\\)"), in addition to `nil'.  This patch makes
`TeX-electric-dollar' much more flexible but *breaks compatibility* if
one has customized the variable.  Just the same for
`TeX-math-close-single-dollar', same change and same breaking.  Many
people use \(\) for inline equations, this change would be helpful to
them. Objections against installing this incompatible patch?  Sorry
for the inconvenience, ideas come to my mind randomly :-(