Re: [AUCTeX-devel] symbolic toolbar

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] symbolic toolbar
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:30:05 +0200

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

Hi!

> I recall that years ago David played with a symbolic toolbar for
> Auctex, that is a set of icons which allow to select math symbols.
>
> does 11.86 have such a symbolic toolbar and I don't find it in the
> manual or this idea was given up?

Yes, it does:

  (add-hook 'LaTeX-mode-hook 'LaTeX-install-toolbar)
  (add-to-list 'TeX-bar-LaTeX-buttons
               'latex-symbols-experimental t)

And you also have to have a symb-pics folder containing XPM images in a
subdirectory of some directory in `load-path'.  Have a look at the
comments in tex-bar.el.

However, I don't see how that's more useful than the Math menu in the
menu-bar after activating `LaTeX-math-mode'.