Re: [AUCTeX-devel] New release?

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] New release?
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2013 10:57:40 +0200

Hi Ralf,

2013/7/19 Mosè Giordano <address@hidden>:
>> -       echo `date "+%Y-%m-%d "`" "${COMMITTER} > ChangeLog
>> +       echo `date "+%Y-%m-%d "`" ${COMMITTER}" > ChangeLog
>>
>> Not sure if this change is necessary.
>
> Without this change I previously got a redirection error due to the
> `<..>' in `COMMITTER' value, but testing again the error is gone :-S

can you confirm that if one passes `COMMITTER' as command line
argument, he/she has to escape `<' and `>'?  In that case I'll add a
hint into comments.  With the above change one doesn't need to escape
`<' and `>' in `COMMITTER' value.

ChangeLog is encoded with ISO-8859-1, but my locale is UTF-8, if I
make a release-commit my name is written to the ChangeLog with UTF-8
encoding, resulting in a weird character.  Is this
    echo `date "+%Y-%m-%d "`" "${COMMITTER} | iconv -t ISO-8859-1 - > ChangeLog
an option?  It adds `iconv' to the release requirements, but this
should be quite common in *nix systems and in Cygwin.