Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Enhancement for brace pairing

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Enhancement for brace pairing
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 08:58:59 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Ikumi Keita <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> Could you please also provide a ChangeLog entry that lists all
>>> new/edited variables and functions.
>>
>> Well, is this OK?
>
> Yes, perfect.  I've committed the change.
>
> By the way: next time you'll probably want to send a git patch (git
> format-patch origin/master).  With the normal patch right you've sent
> this time, I'm listed as author.  With a git patch, you'd be listed as
> author and I'd be listed only as the committer.
>
> (Oh, now I've just seen that git commit has an --author=... option to
> specify the author explicitly.  Sorry, I didn't know that, and now the
> commit is already pushed, so too late to --amend.)

If you coached the Patch submission and checked it, you might also (in
addition to --author) use the -s option for "signing off" on the patch.
That leaves at least a tangible impression of who looked over the patch
in case the question "who was ok with this ever being pushed in this
state" arrives since --author does a pretty thorough job.

--
David Kastrup