Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Insertion of braces when the last argument of a macro

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Insertion of braces when the last argument of a macro is optional
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 22:48:40 +0200

Hi Tassilo,

2013/9/26 Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>:
> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:
>
> Hi Mosè,
>
>> in *TeX empty groups aren't harmless and I think AUCTeX shouldn't
>> append braces to a macro when its last argument is optional.
>
> I'm not sure.  I think that depends on how the macro is question has
> been defined, and AUCTeX cannot find out.

You're right, I agree.  The attached patch takes a completely
different approach: it makes it possible to override the value of
`TeX-insert-braces'.  `TeX-insert-braces' is forced to nil for
{top,mid,bottom}rule macros.  A FIXME in style/booktabs.el is also
resolved.  As a side note, I don't like very much the
`last-optional-rejected' feature, because there are cases in which the
second optional argument shouldn't be skipped if the previous one has
been rejected.

Comments about the patch?