Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Narrowing

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Narrowing
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 09:08:33 +0200

Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:

> I suggest to bind the first to `C-c n e' and the second to `C-c n g'.

C-c <singe-key> bindings are reserved for the user.  But the bindings e
and g are still free in the standard `narrow-map', so I'd just put them
there (and hope that no other standard narrowing bindings emerge).

> Do you think it's valuable to add them to AUCTeX?

Yes, I think they are very useful for people that like narrowing in
general.

> If yes, should we disable them by default?

Yes, I think so.  At least the other standard narrowing commands are
disabled by default, too.

> I didn't test these functions thoroughly, so improvements are welcome.

I've tried them briefly, and they did what they are supposed to do. ;-)