Re: [AUCTeX-devel] About commonly used and "expert" macros/environments

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] About commonly used and "expert" macros/environments
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2013 19:52:09 +0100

2013/11/9 Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>:
> Mosè Giordano <address@hidden> writes:
>> The only problem I see is with the key binding, if we want it, because
>> there are few C-c C-<letter> combinations still free (probably only
>> `a', `u', and `z').
>
> Hm, I don't know.  I'd prefer not to have a separate command.  Maybe we
> can use single, double, triple prefix (query only mandatory args / also
> expert commands / expert commands + only query for mandatory args)...

`C-u C-u C-c RET includegraphics RET' already has a special behavior.
The advantage of a separate command is that one can insert easily more
than one consecutive expert command, the disadvantage is that the
command should be recalled to restore the previous value of the
variable if the user doesn't want expert macros anymore for the
current session.