Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Font completion for fontspec

From: Mosè Giordano
Subject: Re: [AUCTeX-devel] Font completion for fontspec
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2013 12:50:52 +0100

Hi Tassilo,

2013/12/23 Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>:
> Ah, a bit of googling revealed there's an -vvv option to make it very
> verbose.  With
>
>   % luaotfload-tool --update --force -vvv
>
> I get tons of output like
>
> luaotfload | db: loading font “/usr/share/fonts/lyx/rsfs10.ttf”
> luaotfload | db: loading font “/usr/share/fonts/lyx/msbm10.ttf”
> luaotfload | db: loading font “/usr/share/fonts/lyx/msam10.ttf”
> luaotfload | db: loading font “/usr/share/fonts/lyx/wasy10.ttf”
> luaotfload | db: loading font “/usr/share/fonts/lyx/cmmi10.ttf”
> luaotfload | db: loading font “/usr/share/fonts/lyx/cmex10.ttf”
> luaotfload | db: loading font “/usr/share/fonts/lyx/cmsy10.ttf”
> luaotfload | db: 0 'TTF' fonts found
> luaotfload | db: 0 'ttc' fonts found
> luaotfload | db: 0 'TTC' fonts found
> luaotfload | db: 0 'dfont' fonts found
> luaotfload | db: 0 'DFONT' fonts found
> luaotfload | db: 75 fonts found in '/usr/share/fonts'
> [...]
> luaotfload | db: Scanned 3381 font files; 626 new entries.
> luaotfload | db: Rebuilt in 32789 ms
> luaotfload | db: Fonts in the database: 626
> luaotfload | db: Font names database saved
> luaotfload | util: task completed successfully
>
> which looks good, I think, but still...
>
>   % luaotfload-tool --list=basename
>
>   luaotfload | list: by basename
>
> There are 2 filled database files, though.
>

> /home/horn/.texlive/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/names/luaotfload-names.lua
>
> /home/horn/.texlive/texmf-var/luatex-cache/generic/names/luaotfload-names.luc

I don't know what is wrong with your version :-\  This is the
beginning of my `luaotfload-tool' output:
% luaotfload-tool --list=basename

AccanthisADFStdNo3-Bold.otf     Accanthis ADF Std No3 Bold      1.008
AccanthisADFStdNo3-BoldItalic.otf       Accanthis ADF Std No3 Bold
Italic       1.008
AccanthisADFStdNo3-Italic.otf   Accanthis ADF Std No3 Italic    1.008
AccanthisADFStdNo3-Regular.otf  Accanthis ADF Std No3 Regular   1.00

I'm sending a patch which replicates the behavior of
`TeX-arg-input-file-search': this adds an option to decide whether the
font should be searched or not, and a default list of fonts to be used
for completion when `luaotfload-tool --list=basename' doesn't work.

I want to make it clear the `luaotfload' bundle is necessary in order
to use `fontspec' with LuaLaTeX (but not with XeLaTeX), indeed
`fontspec' loads the `luaotfload' package.  So requiring
`luaotfload-tool' to make `LaTeX-fontspec-arg-font' completion work is
not a stringent requirement, it only needs a somewhat recent version
(I think version 2.3 or higher).